Successful treatment of sportsmen
NLP Sports Practitioner (certificated)
Dr. Karl Morris and Jamie Edwards “trained brain”, England (Especially for golfers: have worked with Darren Clark and other playing pros)
NLP used for the successful treatment of sportsmen
It has been proved long ago, that athletes – in particular top sportsmen – need to be treated after light and serious injuries not only physically, but also mentally, if they want to get back to their old standard of performance.
This is true for individual sportsmen as well as for teams. Jürgen Klinsmann, the coach of the German football team, realized this in time. On Klinsmann's demand, the German Football Association took on a sports psychologist, to prepare the players and the whole team mentally for competitions.
Tiger Woods, the best golf-pro of the last years, works continuously with a psychologist, to improve his golfing mentally. All the successful players on the tour, in Europe as well as in the United States , saw, how important mental strength is, and how expensive it is for them, if they can not control their state of consciousness on the course. You can loose the tour card or the victory, if you miss the decisive putt because of a lack of mental strength.
For professionals and committed amateurs in every sport, the mental training is as important as the technical or physical aspect of the discipline.
On account of my longstanding good experience in my therapeutic work with the method of treatment Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), I have, especially for sportsmen, acquired a new qualification.
Individual Coaching & Workshops
Individual Coaching with PEP*
The "Golf Journal"and other publications regularly report on the importance and significance of mental training for succesful golfers and athletes in general. Even in media targeting a broader audience one can often find coverage of sportspersons seeking a mental coach, in order to overcome fears of failure in a competition, and to strengthen their potential and skills - thus increasing their performance.
For several years now, I have been working with professional athletes on a regular basis and often on a long term. Mostly from golf but also from other sports. Following diverse reports in the media, more and more amateur golfers approach us, as well, to improve their performance with individual or group coaching sessions.
Please contact us to make an appointment for an individual coaching session.
PEP Workshop – Dates for 2017 on request
- Playing stressfree golf
- Going into tournaments more relaxed
- Enjoying your golf
Coaching with PEP in a workshop
- As a 3h- seminar
- As a one day seminar including a 6 or 9 hole round of golf
PEP-UP your golf in the workshop.....Now!
Since 2001 we have been applying tapping techniques in sports coaching which back then came across the pond for the first time. Over the years we developed a preference for golf coaching
Therefore, we are working together with different golf-professionals, teaching pros and ambitious amateur golfers.
Particularly performance-oriented and high-performance-oriented athletes wish for fast and effective processes of change in combination with an improved affect regulation.
The introduction of PEP in Germany by Dr. Michael Bohne, and first and foremost the addressing of the so called (by him) "big 5 blockades of solutions"
( cf. the Youtube-video https://youtu.be/5i8i7bhGfZw )
often enables us to effectively dissolve mental blocks in an incredibly easy and fast way.
Workshop contents: schedule and goals
- Historical overview of the origins and development of the PEP-technique. Opportunities of its implementation in golfing.
- A round trip through our brain. How does our brain react when we are tapping? How can we use the latest insights from neuroscience to improve our golf?
- How does a complete session with the tapping technique PEP work? Addressing of disturbing thoughts and emotions before, during, and after the round of golf. During the workshop we show the participants a simple guide to PEP in order to get familiar with the technique step by step. On the basis of classic problem situations which every golfer knows from the course we demonstrate the access to the technique.
- The "big 5 blockades of solutions". Overcoming stress factors, "energy robbers" and spoilsports on the golf course.
- The golf course is a magnifying glass of our self-esteem. Training of self-esteem and compiling of a strengthening lunch box for the next round of golf.
- Closing meeting with an optimistic outlook on the future.
- Recommended reading list
Short par 3:
Long par 4:
In the golf bag:
In the club house:
* PEP ( Processoriented Embodimentfocused Psychology according to Dr. Michael Bohne )